Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

When Should I Start Thinking About Marketing My Book?

Marketing anything can be hard and books are a static product. They have a lot of competition from TV, film, and other entertainment and information industries. If you want your book to compete well and attract readers, you will be thinking about marketing from the beginning of your writing process.

Ask Yourself Tough Questions

writer's block
  • Why am I writing this book? 
  • Do I have something to say that is worth listening to?
  • Why will/does my book deserve to be read?
  • What will make my book idea different from other books of it's genre?
  • What value will/does my book provide readers?

The best answers often have nothing to do with making money, but could be future selling points or lead to creative marketing strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment